Stardock Start11 is the first Windows 11 Start menu alternative. It brings a more familiar look and feel to the Windows 11 start menu. The new start menu in Windows 11 has a very app-focused layout, and Start11 helps users with a familiar Windows 7-style layout and also offers additional customization with just a few mouse clicks.
How Start11 is Used:
Make Your Desktop Yours: Take complete control of your desktop with Start11. With Windows 11, Microsoft chose form over functionality and removed many different features that were available in Windows 10. With Start11, you can customize the experience to fit your personality.
- Pick your favorite style of the Start menu and then change up the colors, textures, transparency, and more.
- Change the Start button icon to any of the included icons or create your own for a truly unique desktop.
- Add some color to the taskbar or a custom texture to compliment your Start menu design or to match your wallpaper.
Features You Expect: Windows 11 removed many features that were present in Windows 10, and Start11 brings them back. From the basics like returning the right-click menu on the taskbar to ungrouping of windows on the taskbar. You can also choose to have your icons centered on the taskbar with your Start menu left aligned.
- View open applications on the taskbar with ungrouped windows.
- Quickly access shared network drives and folders directly from the Start menu.
- Advanced customization options to add network drives, and web content, or remove unwanted sections.
One Desktop to Rule Them All: When working with multiple devices across various versions of Windows, Start11 can help you create a common desktop experience. Make Windows 10 look like Windows 11, or 11 looks like Windows 10. Or how about making both Windows 10 and 11 look like Windows 7? The choice is yours.
- Easily change the Start menu to look the same across all supported versions of Windows.
- Create a search experience that is the same on each desktop without any advertisements.
- Utilize a right-click menu on the taskbar that feels familiar on Windows 11.
Remove Unwanted Content: Windows 11 brings with it a new design language but also more advertisements and content that you can’t remove. Take back complete control with Start11 and remove unwanted outside content and sections of the Start menu that you don’t want to see.
- Option to remove the web content that shows up next to your local search results.
- Advanced local search functionality that prioritizes your content and can index open Edge tabs.
- Option to remove the “Recent Documents” section of the Windows 11 Start menu.
- Make your Start menu a personalized experience: Choose from several styles from Windows 7 to 11, or our modern adaptation of classic styles.
- Personalized to your preferences: Customize your Start menu by adding or removing sections, changing the icon, and moving it to the left or keeping it centered.
- Customizable from top to bottom: Easily change the colors, transparency, spacing, alignment, and more.
- Enhance your productivity with unique features: Bring back features from previous versions of Windows and enable new functionality.
- Restore classic functionality: Ungroup your windows and restore the context menu to the taskbar in Windows 11.
- Add new functionality: Add links to local and network drives, individual folders, the recycle bin, and more.
- Take complete control of your search experience: Improve your search experience with minimal distractions and better results.
- Customize your search experience: With a customized search experience, your most frequently used content appears higher in the results.
- Advanced Index Functionality: When paired with the Edge browser, open tabs will also appear in your search contents.
- Fixes issue with right-clicking on network / audio icons far right of the Win11 taskbar not working right if you use experimental center mode
- Fixed issue with right-click close window on open task manager when using Enhanced Taskbar in Win11
- Fixed issue with Virtual Desktops popup not showing shifted when in experimental center mode.